NUC under the able leadership of His Academic Eminence, Professor Abubakar Adamu Rasheed is making history again. No university system in Africa has a database and a published directory of full professors in the system. None whatsoever. I am not sure any exists anywhere on the planet! He has directed that one should be in place and asked the NUC Strategy Advisory Committee (STRADVCOM) to facilitate the process. We are honoured to heed and implement this directive.
Among its numerous benefits, it is the view of the Executive Secretary that the Directory of Full Professors in the Nigerian University System, 2017 (to be updated annually) will be of immense benefit to:
- Vice-Chancellors in sourcing full professors for external assessment especially for appointment/promotion of senior academics especiallyprofessors.
- NUC for strengthening its database of experts including members of accreditation panels.
- Federal and state governments for sourcing experts for various assignments requiring quality scholarship.
- Development partners for sourcing Nigerian experts for national and international consultancies.
The hard and searchable electronic versions of the publication are due for release by the Executive Secretary on July 2, 2018.
- Please request all full Professors in your university appointed/promoted up to December 31, 2017 and who desire to be part of the Directory,to register at the link below.
- Please note the maximum number of professors you declared for your University for 2017 in The State of University Education in Nigeria, 2017 in the table below and keep within this number.
- You may request your DAP to ensure that only genuine Professors from your university enrol in the Directory. Those on sabbatical and other approved leaves should also be contacted and encouraged to enrol.
- To speed up the entry by each Professor, we have provided below, the fields that are required for filling-in so the Professor can study and prepare relevant information to enable him/her complete the form in less than no time. He/she is also to upload the latest CV (in Microsoft Word) to the site.
Deadline for submission of entries is June 30, 2018. Any university or professor that misses out in this inaugural edition will have another opportunity in 2019. However, we strongly advise that your university and all your full professors should take advantage of being part of this first outing. Since the ES wants to launch on July 2, we regret that we will not be able to extend the deadline of June 30. The online platform is programmed to stop taking new entries from 12 midnight of June 30. We will be happy if all the over 9000 full Professors in the system in 2017are part of this publication.
The link to the online form is:
Peter A. Okebukola, DSc, PhD, FSAN, FSTAN, FIAE, DSSE, GIOH, OFR
Distinguished Professor of Science and Computer Education, Lagos State University
Chairman of Council, Crawford University and National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Chairman, Board of Trustees, Caleb University
President, Global University Network for Innovation (GUNi-Africa)
Tel +2348022904423: | Email: email@example.com; | Skype: pokebukola|Twitter: @pokebukola
Fields for the Database